Photo credit: Pixabay
NaNoWriMo took over my life during November. Things slipped whilst I was busy typing so I need to take some steps to get control of my life again:
1. Do some exercise. Sitting still in a chair and typing for long periods of time is not good for posture or calorie counting.
2. Fresh air. Go for some long walks to clear your mind and blow away the creative cobwebs. .
3. Interact with loved ones. Spend some quality time with your loved ones who have probably not seen much of you during November.
4. Put away NaNoWriMo Draft. Its important to let the draft rest for a period of time. You need to revisit it when you are not so emotionally attached to it.
5. Catch up on housework. Work through that ironing and laundry pile.
6. See friends. Catch up with friends who you have not seen during your intense writing phase. Live a little.
7. Blog or website overhaul. December is a quiet time for bloggers so its a great opportunity for you to refresh your online writing platform. Click here for a post on the useful stuff you can do during this quiet festive time.
8. Talk about something else other than writing. You may have bored people silly during November with your word count updates and writing turmoil. Give them a break and find new topics of conversation.
9. Write some short stories. These are a brilliant way of keeping your creative oil lamp burning whilst your novel is resting.
10. Social Media. Get tweeting and pinning. Interact with other writers and help to raise awareness of your online writing platform.
Hope all you NaNo writers are all busy reclaiming your lives…