Sometimes in life we just need a hug.
In an ideal world we would be able to give each other a proper hug when one of us is sad or going through a rough creative patch. However in writing land we are all dotted around the world, so we have to resort to tweet hugs.
A tweet hug is a reassuring and comforting tweet with the hashtag #tweethug.
I have had a challenging week, which I am not going to go into detail on as some of you go through far worse but I could really do with a tweet hug, as nibbling cheese from the fridge is not working!
Here are 9 benefits of giving someone a tweet hug:
1. It will put a smile on the recipient’s face and that will give you a warm glow inside.
2. You don’t have to worry about hugging too hard and nearly suffocating them.
3. You don’t have to worry about whether your choice in perfume or aftershave will make them pass out mid hug.
4. You don’t have to go through that awkward “am I hugging them for too long?” dilemma.
5. You don’t have to worry about getting emotional during the hug and leaving a wet patch on their shoulders.
6. You can give a tweet hug anytime, international time zones don’t matter.
7. You can count it as your good deed for the day!
8. There will be no invasion of your personal space.
9. You don’t have to worry about whether or not you should give the recipient a ‘kiss on the cheek’ hug upgrade at the end.
Happy virtual hugging 🙂