1. Writing a book must be easy, I will just sit and type….
Yep you just sit and type – ha! How I wish it was this easy!
2. If I have wrote 10k words of a story then 90k must be a walk in the park!
I have learnt that stories have to stretch across 90k words. If it doesn’t have the stretch potential it just dies on you at 20k words.
3. In order to write I will just stop watching TV, come off Facebook, stop going out and sit in isolation.
It’s all very well having these elaborate ideas on dedication but life gets in the way of writing.
4. The minute I start publishing things online word will get round and I will be beating publishers and agents off with a muddy stick – sigh!
Sigh – still waiting and armed with my muddy stick! Its been over a year now….
5. I would never cry or get worked up over writing!
I hadn’t experienced a full on creative breakdown so clearly didn’t know what I was talking about.
6. Once the first draft is written I will just send it off!
When I revisited my first ever draft I realised that I wasnt not the literary genius that I thought I was. First drafts are yuk! Second drafts are where the writing party really gets going!
7. Other writers will scare me
Other writers are actually very nice and some don’t even bite…:-)
8. I am a plotter
Nope I am a pantser and proud too! Writing books and stories by the seat of my blonde pants is what I do best.
Let me know about your misconceptions about writing?
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/124347333@N05/23859383744″>Future business woman…</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>