You may be a serious writer if ….
10. your hard drive is littered with random notes and story ideas … but not nearly as littered as your head.
9. you keep pen and paper next to your bed. And in the glove compartment. And in your gym bag. Also on the rim of the bathtub.
8. a day without Roget’s Thesaurus is a day without sunshine.
7. your emotional landscape includes creativity, confidence, elation, frustration, and the occasional neurosis.
6. you’ve ever had to clean peanut butter and bread crumbs off your keyboard, because the work was going well, and you didn’t want to stop for lunch.
5. grammar and punctuation turn you on.
4. your interest in a new acquaintance is directly proportionate to his/her potential as a secondary character.
3. you’ve worn the white e, r, s, and t clean off your keyboard.
2. the search history on your web browser would raise red flags with the FBI, CIA, DEA, and mental health professionals everywhere.
1. you have stories to tell, and you just. Keep. Telling. Them.”
― Kathy Disanto
Happy Writing 🙂
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/7326811@N05/6988754098″>Write me</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>