It is really easy to cast some light into another writer’s world today and it doesn’t take much effort on your part.
Both writing and blogging can feel like dark and torturous journeys at times, things can get so bad you find yourself feeling like one of those hobbits making their way to Mordor in Lord of the Rings.
On Saturday I was in the depths of despair and gloom over my W.I.P. I felt alone and totally fed up. The light had well and truly gone out on my writing world. Then another blogger replied to a comment that I had made on their blog. It was such a nice and positive comment that it made me snap out of my doldrums. Such a simple act but it felt like they had shone some positive light into my dark little writing world. I picked myself up and carried on with my writing journey.
Here are some simple ways you can shine some light into another writer’s or blogger’s world today. These are not big things, they are little things which can make a real difference when you are having a bad writing / blogging day:
1. Tweet another blogger’s post that you have recently enjoyed reading.
2. Send another blogger or writer a virtual hug on one of their posts or a tweethug via Twitter (#tweethugs)
3. Leave another blogger / writer a nice comment on their latest blog post. We all know that writing blog posts is hard and at times a real gamble i.e. is anyone going to read what I put out there let alone like it? So pay someone a compliment on their post today – they could have spent hours sweating over it.
4. Read another writer’s extract from their latest novel on their blog and leave a comment
5. Re-blog another blogger’s post
6. Give a nice positive reply to someone’s comment on one of your posts.
7. Offer reading support to a writer whose looking for some poor soul to read their latest WIP draft.
8. Nominate a blogger for a blogging award
9. Nominate a new blogger for a blogging award
10. Re-tweet another blogger’s post
11. Say hi to a blogger you have not spoken to in a while.
12. Go follow some new blogs today
13. Offer to do a review for a writer with a book out there.
14. Leave a humorous comment on another writer’s / blogger’s blog and make them smile
15. Just say ‘hello’ to a good blogging or writing friend.
16. Go have a nose and a fiddle around a blogger’s post archive – I love it when someone has a good rummage around my post archive – sigh!
17. Dedicate a short story to another blogger / writer and post it on your blog.
18. Mention and link to a blogger / writer in one of your posts.
19. Write an emotional post about lighting up a fellow blogger’s or writer’s world – sigh!
Go on and shine some light into someone else’s world today! Trust me its the little things that sometimes can have the biggest impact on us writers and bloggers.
If we all shine a little bit of light today we could encourage someone to carry on writing / blogging or change someone’s world – how good will that feel?