You start receiving ‘like’ notifications on old posts. A blog reader is busy going through your archives. This is such a magical moment for any blogger. Here are the reasons why I like it when someone is having a rummage in my archive:
1. It gives me a fluttery excited feeling. I get excited for them – the rummaging blog reader (then they leave after liking or commenting on one old post and my excitement evaporates)
2. It makes up for the lack of attention on my more recent posts.
3. It makes me get all Twitter twitchy. I want to start tweeting all my old posts, but then I stop myself as I know I could get carried away.
4. It makes me stop saying ‘everything I wrote back then was rubbish’ – it sends a message to my inner negative blogger voice and they get back in their box.
5. I get a warm glow – it’s always nice getting a ‘like’ on a post!
6. I wonder if the blog reader will return or whether it’s a fleeting visit. Will it be the start of a new blogging friendship?
7. Its like the blog form of tickling, going through someone’s old archives and liking / commenting. Remember bloggers – warm hands please 🙂
Go and have a good rummage through another bloggers catalogue today readers! You never know what gems you might find whilst delving through their old posts and you might even make them smile 🙂
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/15542779@N02/8576162937″>suitcases</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>