The Annual Bloggers Bash Awards Event took place yesterday in London.
A Blonde Writer’s blog was lucky enough to be nominated for ‘Funniest Blog’ (thx to Sue Coletta for the nomination) so the Blonde Writer nipped along, here are her highlights:
1. London Underground didn’t help a Blonde Writer by shutting down some key tube routes due to engineering repairs. This caused her to scratch her head a lot, stare aimlessly at tube maps and to ask a London Underground guard the same question eight times “does this tube go to Kings Cross?” He started to lose his patience with her after the 4th question.
2. On the tube a Blonde Writer gasped in horror at her ‘newly washed’ black jeans which were covered in pink lipstick. She had applied pink lipstick earlier in Reading station toilets but had got a little bit over excited. Whilst coating her lips she had managed to somehow plaster her jeans in the stuff as well. What would other bloggers make of her ‘grubby’ appearance?
3. As soon as she arrived a Blonde Writer was able to play a new fun game called ‘spot the Blondewritemore guest blogger’ A.K.A Julie Lawford – Julie looked thrilled when a Blonde Writer shouted “I know you [finger point] – you were my guest blogger!”
4. There was a strong contingent from Blog Battlers at the event which I know Rachael Ritchey will be pleased about. A Blonde Writer discovered to her surprise that two Blog Battlers, who she had pencilled in as part of her strong American following, were not actually American at all, Melissa is from Yorkshire and Marje is from Cambridge. Sigh! Mental note – must not assume everyone in blogging land is American.
5. Over lunch a Blonde Writer had a crash course in ‘youth speak’ from Suzie Speak. A Blonde Writer learnt how to say ‘Sic’ just like the youth of today and to say it with supporting hand gestures too. As the Blonde Writer prides herself on being down with the kids this sort of intel is vital.
6. A Blonde Writer only managed to tip one piece of pesto chicken down her. Seeing as her jeans were covered in lipstick she decided to ignore and carry on shovelling food down her neck.
8. A Blonde Writer pestered Suzie Speak about blogging tips whilst she waited for her category to be read out. When a Blonde Writer gets into pestering mode its hard to stop her – sigh! Poor Suzie!
9. A Blonde Writer’s jaw dropped when it was revealed her blog came first in the ‘Funniest Blog’ category. There was some tough competition in this category and the Blonde Writer had endured a couple of sleepless nights once voting closed.
A Blonde Writer was over the moon with her winning t-shirt and there is a photo below of this special moment.
Its hard to say how the t-shirt will fair in her clothes washing cycle, at this stage she is hoping to keep it white – up until the first wash.
Blonde virtual hugs to all who voted for this blog!
10. A Blonde Writer unfortunately left without paying for her meal. Gasp! She nipped along to the station after and then once through the turnstiles realised she hadn’t coughed up for her food. The excitement of winning something went to her blonde head. Honest! She was not planning to do a runner!
Cue emergency phone call to event organiser Sacha Black and a bit of grovelling. The Blonde Writer nipped back to settle her debts and smiled sweetly at her new blogging friends.
A Blonde Writer now thinks her card has been marked for next year’s event. A memo has probably been sent to all committee members about keeping an eye on the Blonde Writer and her food payments in future. Sigh!