Just trying to put this book writing malarkey into perspective.
If I finish my first novel and my only sale is from one of my parents I am not going to stress. You have heard it here first!
I am not going to have a creative tantrum, strop off or write post after post about how depressed I am.
Nope, I am not doing any of these things because even after producing a naff book…..
1. I will still have my marriage (obviously it depends on how naff a book with my loved one)
2. I will still have a roof over my head (again depends on the quality of the book)
3. I will be proud of myself for trying.
4. I will be able to say “I wrote a novel”
5. I will still have my Blonde blog and I can post amusing stuff like “I have had one sale and it was my Dad”
6. I will still be able to stick my head in the fridge and gorge on cheese.
7. The cat will still continue to enjoy listening to my stories. He adores my writing and never gives me any negative feedback.
8. I will have some good bonfire material for bonfire night. I can sit back and watch all my hard work go up in flames.
9. I will be able to try again with another story. Never give up!
10. I will still have my humour and that’s got me through some dark writing times already.
11. I will have learnt so much about writing and myself along the way.
12. I will have put myself ‘out there’ (I may want to run and hide afterwards but at least I was ‘out there’)
13. I will have released the characters trapped in my head. This alone is a biggie – I am suffering from character overcrowding in my head.
14. I will have got a story out of my system. I will have let it go into the writing universe.
15. Worse things happen at sea. Love this saying.
16. It’s not the end of the world.
17. One of my parents will be able to say they bought their daughter’s first novel.
18. It’s not the end, just the beginning.
19. Writing for oneself is so underrated.
And the most important thing…..I will still LOVE writing! This will never change!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/33390690@N07/6722295621″>Lindsay</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>