1. Talking about something you have written.
2. Letting someone else read your story.
3. Admitting that you write in your spare time.
4. Posting a short story or excerpt from your novel on your blog.
5. Writing something from another genre for the first time.
6. Writing something which takes you out of your comfort zone.
7. Sending out your draft manuscript for review for the first time.
8. Admitting that you have a blog.
9. Self publishing your work.
10. Sending your work off to a publisher.
11. Giving another writer constructive feedback.
12. Accepting constructive feedback on your work and working through it.
13. Having confidence in your own work.
14. Following your writing dream!
And now as we are all thinking about courage, here is a fab quote:
“Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone even if it means being uncomfortable. The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades bumps and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested And have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect nothing is and no one is — and that’s OK.”
― Katie Couric
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/27569526@N03/6050783067″>Fields of Gold.</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>