1. In a relationship there will be some special moments leaving you breathless and tingly. Once you have a blog you will also experience special moments leaving you breathless and a bit tingly – blog viewing spikes, a successful blog post, being asked to do a guest post, persuading a blogger to do you a guest post and when an experienced blogger re-blogs your post.
2. In a relationship there will be some rocky spells making you glum and depressed. With a blog you will go through some bad patches – a run of unsuccessful posts, blog stats flat lining and purchasing an unattractive blog theme.
3. In a relationship there will be times when you need to spice things up to get the excitement back. The same applies to having a blog – tarting it up a bit by changing its appearance, trying out new things and doing things at different times of the day (loud sigh followed by a dreamy gaze out of the window).
4. In a relationship you sometimes feel the need to get out and socialise. The same happens when you get a blog, after a while you feel the need to get out and meet others – interacting with other bloggers, leaving your comments on other blogger’s posts and doing a spot of tweeting.
5. Sometimes a relationship can get so bad you want to end it. You will want to scream and shout “its over!”, storm off and slam a door. The same happens when you have a blog, things get so dire you feel like quitting. You will find yourself wanting to yell “I quit”, storm off and slam a door.
6. In a relationship sometimes things don’t live up to your expectations, a year down the line you thought you would be in a different place. The same can happen with a blog, a year down the line you realise that are not the big pro blogger that you thought you would be. You still have your day job and you don’t get any freebies sent to you.
7. Whilst in a relationship you may enjoy the odd flirt with others; the flutter of eye lashes, a little giggle or a play with the hair. The same applies to blogging. Doing a guest post for someone is basically like having a little flirt with another blog. (Sigh!)
8. When in a relationship you may feel the need to seek some advice on a nagging issue. The same happens with a blog too – getting advice on blogging tips, ways to improve your blog, increase your traffic and sorting out that annoying link problem.
9. With a relationship you will want to shout about it on social media. Tell the world about how good it is and big it up. The same happens with blogging, you get the urge to put it on Twitter, Facebook etc and big it up!
10. In a relationship certain things can go a bit quiet and enter a drought phase leaving you a bit frustrated and a little grumpy. The same happens with a blog, things go quiet and you enter a drought phase, blog posting is not as regular as it once was and this leaves you feeling a little frustrated and agitated…
Happy Blogging 🙂
photo credit: Stocksnap