It’s my birthday this week and I am very busy organising a virtual birthday party, which will be held on Saturday on my blog. I am hoping you all can make it.
Here are the benefits of organising this type of event:
1. No need to hire an expensive party venue. It’s held on your blog via a blog post.
2. No need to hire caterers for food or stay up late cooking party nibbles. The party food is virtual so partygoers just use their imagination at the virtual buffet table. You simply provide a photo of a lavish buffet spread to aid creative culinary thinking.
3. No need to hire a DJ for the music / dance floor. As its a virtual dance floor partygoers just use their imagination. Simply add a photo of some people dancing at a party to help bloggers / readers imagine how they would rock it out on the dancefloor. Also include some of the songs your virtual DJ will be playing, this helps your readers choreograph their virtual dance sequence. Sigh!
4. No need to worry about buying an expensive party outfit. As its a virtual party everyone just uses their imagination.
5. No need for your guests to buy you an expensive gift. All gifts are virtual so again down to imagination.
6. There will be no headaches or hangovers the next morning as all drinks are virtual.
7. There is no embarrassment over dance moves on the dancefloor the next morning as its virtual / left up to the imagination of others.
8. No need to arrange transport for your partygoers or worry about them getting home safely as they just need click out of your blog post.
9. No need to worry about where you are going to put all your birthday gifts, whether you will like your birthday gifts or whether you will have to sneakily return your gifts to the shop or put them in a cupboard to re-gift on to someone else later in the year. All gifts are virtual and left up to your imagination.
10. There are no worries with thousands of uninvited party guests turning up to your party after you stick the invite on Facebook. With a blog it’s a case of the more the merrier!
11. There is no need to fly over international blogging friends for your party and put them all up on camp beds in your living room or in a tent in the back garden – they just go to your party on your blog in the comfort of their own home.
12. There is no need to worry about manning the virtual buffet table 24-7 to suit international partygoers and making sure there is a constant supply of warm sausage rolls throughout the night. Just nip to bed and let your blog post do the work!
13. There is no need to worry about your guests not enjoying themselves at your virtual birthday party. If they don’t like the look of your party post they will click out of your post straight away or even skip past it on their reader.
14. There are networking opportunities at a virtual birthday party on a blog. Just ask guests to tell you what their virtual gift was for you in the comments section of your post plus a link to their blog. Some of your guest’s wild and wonderful birthday gift choices for you might get them a few chuckles and even some new followers!
15. There is no need to worry about making sure your makeup stays in place 24-7 so that international partygoers get the impression you are fresh faced all the time. Its a virtual party – no one can see your smudged mascara!
What a great idea! As all my followers are a creative bunch I am sure they will love this 🙂
Will see you all (hopefully) at my virtual birthday party on my blonde blog on Saturday!
Just going to lie down as the preparations for Saturday have exhausted me.
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/84652765@N00/2183404554″>IMG_0111</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>