1. Fan its pages against my cheek. Quite pleasurable.
2. Sniff its pages. I admit I am a book sniffer.
3. Rub the corner of pages against my thumb and finger. I don’t turn over corners of pages like some do to remind where they are up to but I do fiddle with page corners a lot.
4. Hug it tightly and promise to never let it go! (Obviously when I finish it I will let it go but I don’t like to worry it at the start of our relationship)
5. Bend it over and watch its pages fan out. Probably not good for its spine but I do enjoy doing this.
6. Smooth out its first page a lot. There is something magical about a first page so I guess that’s why I like to smooth it a lot before I start reading.
7. Rub one of its pages against my cheek to feel the smoothness of it. Cue weird looks from family.
8. Stick different bookmarks in it to see which one looks the best. I have to take into account matching colours with the book cover and my mood at the time. If I am in a low mood it’s a dark bookmark.
9. Stroke or paw its front cover lovingly. Pawing increases if book has been highly recommended by someone I know.
10. Stare longingly at it whilst its on the bookshelf.
11. Slip it into my handbag and take it for coffee.
12. Place a delicate kiss on the first page. I think it’s a nice way of starting our book / reader relationship. Again cue weird looks from family.
13. Whisper things to it like “I can’t wait for us to get together” and “let me go slip into something more comfortable before we begin!”
Happy Reading Folks!
Photo Credit: Pixabay