As writers we don’t have to try too hard to act scary at Halloween.
We already possess a few weird habits, so there’s no need for us to fret about making ourselves look or come across as scary at this fun time of year.
- Giving out intense stares is our speciality.
- Our creative mood swings are extreme – goofy happy and waving our draft in the air to wailing in a corner, surrounded by the scattered bits of the torn up draft, in under six minutes.
- We talk about people and places that don’t exist.
- Some of us are keen to talk a lot about the different ways we can kill off our fictional characters.
- We let out an evil snigger when writing a plot twist.
- Some of us claim lights flicker and animals run for safety whilst writing a plot twist.
- We spend a lot of time on our own.
- We say some weird stuff after cheese and wine at dinner parties.
- We lurk at the back of coffee shops.
- We claim to see our fictional characters in day-to-day life.
- Some of us have very pale skin.
- We keep getting back up after each and every rejection. Some of us, hundreds of times. It is like we are unstoppable. If that’s not scary I don’t know what is!
photo credit: Pixabay