Things get quiet in blogging land during the month of December, so it’s an ideal opportunity to start tinkering with your blog.
January is a busy blogging month so use this quiet time in December to make some tweaks, which will hopefully pay off come January.
Here are some useful stuff to do:
- Play around with your blog theme. Is it time for a change in appearance or a freshen up perhaps?
- Update and reenergize old posts. This does work and it does drive extra traffic – have done it myself! Add photos to old posts, rewrite them if necessary and repair dodgy links. Then tweet or pin them.
- Start looking for guest bloggers to appear on your blog in January. I had some marvellous guest bloggers last January and they really helped get my blog off to a good start. I will be on the look out too so let’s all keep our eyes peeled for guest bloggers!
- Try out some new post styles. If you haven’t experienced list posts – try them! Easy to put together and effective for busy blog readers who want to read whilst on the go.
- Make sure all your social media channels are working. This time last year I was scratching my blonde head wondering why none of my posts were going on Twitter and why no one was following me. I had a faulty Twitter feed. A kind blogger helped me repair it and it brought new life to my blog traffic.
- Hunt out new blogs to follow and start commenting. Interacting with other bloggers is so important.
- Stock pile good images.
- Review your ‘About’ page. You will be surprised how many people view it so make sure it sells you and your blog.
Whatever you do, don’t give up during this quiet festive month. Use this blogging time to strengthen and reenergize your blog!