One of my stories on Wattpad has achieved over 250k reads and I have over 68k followers. During my time on Wattpad I have also been a Featured Romance Author.
Here are my top tips on how to have success on Wattpad:
The most important thing to remember with Wattpad is that it is just like any other online sharing platform and the same golden rules apply:
- Don’t expect overnght success. It takes time to build up your following and get your work read. I started out with 29 followers back in 2014.
- Sharing is caring. Read the work from other writers in your category, vote and share via social media. Follow the 80/20 rule – 80% reading / sharing / voting other Wattpad stories and 20% share your own.
You also need to take note of the following:
- Your book cover image is SO IMPORTANT. I have tested lots of book covers on Wattpad and I can’t emphasiz enough the thought you need to put into the cover. Go to your chosen category and research which books are at the top of the charts. Use their book covers as a starting point for your own. I have tried doing my own style – it doesn’t work.
- Chapter length. Aim for 700-800 words.
- Always reply to comments as soon as you can. This is how you build up a rapport with the Wattpad readers.
- When you publish your story, let the readers know when they can expect the next chapter and STICK to it.
- Update every 3-5 days and again STICK to it.
- Treat Wattpad like you would a blog. Consistency matters.
- Encourage others on social media to promote your work.
- Add #featured to your tags. You want to become a Featured Author so you need to start raising your work’s profile with the Wattpad team.
It takes a lot of hardwork and time to become a success on Wattpad but you can do it.
Best of luck.
Check me out and say hello @BlondeWriteMore