These delicious moments occur when we make dramatic writer breakthroughs, a few are listed below:
- Finding a way out of a plot hole.
- Deciding how to end a story
- Spicing up a plot.
- Getting some much-needed inspiration for your important opening line.
- Thinking up a new and interesting character.
- Getting some new story idea inspiration.
These glorious moments give us a burst of positive writer energy and help us move forward.
These are the moments we all long for as they give us that addictive creative buzz.
They make writing seem worthwhile and can sometimes act like sunshine breaking through dark clouds.
These awkward moments occur when we come up against a writing challenge. To our disappointment, we realise the situation requires more creative consideration. A few are listed below:
- Discovering a sagging plot.
- Your main character is a bit dull.
- Getting POV doubts.
- Your story ending is rubbish.
- Discovering your first chapter is not as strong as it could be.
These uncomfortable moments make us exhale loudly, scratch our heads and groan. They make us sadly shuffle off back to our writing corner.
These moments are actually really valuable for us writers because they force us to work a bit harder on overcoming our writing challenge.
Getting through a ‘Hmmm’ moment can be just as rewarding as an ‘Aha moment’.
Sometimes a ‘Hmmm’ moment can lead to amazing things because it’s these moments which make us grow as a writer.
So you see we do need both of these moments on our writing journey and both should be welcomed.
Take it easy out there!