- You will cringe at your old photos / images. This is guaranteed. It’s similar to looking at old photos of yourself and thinking ‘did I wear that?’ My old blog post images / photos were either too small, dull or totally unrelated to the blog post. I wasn’t surprised no one read them. Think bold, colourful and large!
- You will cringe at what you wrote back in the day. This is also guaranteed. You will spend your time sighing a lot and thinking ‘was I mentally unstable when I wrote this post?’ Go back and rewrite old posts that make you shiver or feel sick.
- You will spot missed typos, posts with no categories, posts with no tags and links that don’t work. Get over your embarrassment and fix them!
- The whole process will send you down blogging memory lane. Trust me it can get emotional and a bit like reading an old diary. Prepare for some teary moments.
- You will need a constant supply of coffee. Trust me!
- If you have a lot of posts to refresh the process can be arduous, time-consuming and dull. You will want to scream, walk away and shout at someone after realising you are only at September 2014. You will ask yourself ‘is it worth it?’ – yes it is so carry on!
- When you start seeing your refreshed sparkly posts appearing you will get a burst of blogger joy! It’s a bit like when you revamp your wardrobe.
- Use this blogger joy to help encourage you to start sharing these now beautiful old posts on social media. Come on! You cannot leave good posts to gather dust! Get them out and show off! Tweet, post or pin. I am tweeting one old post a day. It doesn’t feel too bad if you do it in small steps.
- You will start to feel proud of your blog again. Once you see traffic starting to reach these old posts you will start smiling and having a spring in your step.
- You will start to encourage readers to dive deeper into your blog by attaching links in new posts to older refreshed posts. This is a great way of getting readers to go deeper. You only do this when you know your old posts look hot!
So come on!
Lets refresh our old posts and make them look amazing!