Here are some things to expect after reading too much about the world ending and the place being overrun with vampires:
- Huge waves of life gratitude – you are not living through a vampire apocalypse.
- Increased vigilance for people displaying flu symptoms, vampire apocalypses in books always start with a virus.
- The urge to frantically pin apocalypse survival skills on Pinterest.
- Buying in more tinned and dried food during your supermarket shop. It’s amazing how reading a couple of these books can influence your weekly food shop.
- Binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix.
- Bulk buying candles during your next supermarket shop for when the electricity goes.
- Thinking about what set off your vampire apocalypse reading binge? Vampire love? Dry January? Marital strife? Change of coffee? Too much cheese?
- Increased garlic intake.
- Hesitation when your loved one goes to kiss you. It always starts with the ones you know!
- Joy at reading something from a different genre, lighter perhaps, with a happier ending.
- New appreciation for your neck.
- Prayers. In the actual event happening you pray you are bitten by a vampire who looks similar to your fictional vampire crush (in my case Dr Cullen – Twilight – Edward’s Dad) and not the crazed old woman up the street!
Take care out there readers!
photo credit: Shutterstock