Bad writing days – sigh!
We all have those devastating and dark moments where:
- We hate what we have written.
- We want to chuck it all away and forget we ever took up writing.
- We realise that we have been staring at a blank screen for some time.
- We wonder if our writing muse is still our friend.
- We doubt ourselves.
- We feel tears prick our eyes as we tell ourselves the writing dream could be over.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a bad writing day survival kit to hand during one of these emotional times?
Wouldn’t it be fab to plan for writing related gloom days?
Ok here goes. This is my bad writing day survival kit.
- Hope. Remind myself that the sun in Writing Land will come out again. It always does even though I worry the clouds of doom will never pass.
- Growth. Tell myself that when things are hard it’s a sign I am developing as a writer, albeit in a painful and frustrating way.
- Reassurance. Tell myself it’s going to be ok.
- Gratitude. I am getting to do what I love. A lot of people in the world don’t get the opportunity to follow their dreams. Yes it’s hard but I need to be grateful for my little literary journey and stop moaning!
- Fresh air. To go for a walk or just sit outside for a bit.
- Social Media. Tweet out or post out my frustrations via social media, as there is always someone else going through the same problem.
- Music. To get my uplifting play lists on.
- Bath. To go have a nice long bath and switch off. Everything feels better after a bath.
- Chocolate. Huge chunks work best in times of crisis.
- Lip Balm. Reapply my favourite lip balm. Once you have glossy, rose smelling pink lips – anything is possible!
Let me know what things are in your bad writing day survival kit?
Happy Writing all 🙂
For the record – the phrase ‘I quit!’ is not in my kit bag. I am done with this phrase. I am a writer. Fact.