Writing can feel so difficult, almost torturous at times.
There are days when there are so many distractions that writing goes out of the window.
There are occasions where you are plagued with fear and low self confidence.
There are some days where you just want to hide under the bed from social media. You whimper ‘do I have to promote my stuff?’
Wouldn’t it be great to just sit down and write on days when you don’t feel like writing?
Wouldn’t it be fab to snap out of one of those frustrating and unproductive writer moods?
Wouldn’t it be great to take control of yourself when you need to stop doing annoying stuff like procrastinating or moaning?
Or even finding the motivation to edit? Sometimes even the thought of doing a serious edit is enough to make you run for the hills.
Well I have the answer to all our troubles – the Writer’s Remote Control! Yay!
Press a button and hey presto you are writing!
Hit another button and you are editing!
Hand over your Writer Remote Control to a loved one when your creative tantrum, about your weak opening chapter, has gone too far! Let them take control of the situation.
No more motivation issues.
Promote yourself on social media without a second thought with the Writer’s Remote Control. Just press a button!
So, now that I have got you interested – what buttons would be on the Writer Remote Control?
I have done some intensive brainstorming and have whipped up some button suggestions.
- Proof read
- Stare (into space – vital for any serious writer!)
- Mute (useful for loved ones who are sick of us moaning about our persistent grammar issue)
- Smile. (A big one for me!)
- Congratulate (useful for when writer friends announce they have got fancy publishing deal and you struggle to type the words ‘you must be so happy!’).
- Happy (useful for loved ones!)
- Sit (on chair)
- Pause – this means you can pause everyone else (loved ones, kids, pets etc) around you so you can concentrate (Thx To Ritu)
- Mute – a second mute button for all those family and friends who say annoying things like ‘are you still writing – why don’t you do something productive!’ (Thx to Chris for this)
- Cheese – a button which sends you directly to the fridge to eat cheese. (Thx Esther for this)
- Refreshment button -for cool drinks, cups of tea, little chocolate. And perhaps breakfast, lunch, dinner – all cooked and left outside the door, thanks – because sure as hell, if you attempt to leave your room of sanctuary, family will interpret that as an opportunity to totally interrupt your flow and you will not see that room again for at least an hour or two while you get pulled down into the bowels of domesticity, (sigh). (Thx to Skillby)
- Location – this is where you can track down all writing friends. (Thx to Eric)
- Easy – this button when pressed allows you to stop and breathe once in a while–outside in the sunshine. We do need our fresh air and exercise. (Thx to Tess)
- Clear – to clear your head when it’s full of unnecessary stuff, day to day tasks, daydreams etc. It allows you to clear and focus. (Thx to Michael)
- Fast Forward – this is a useful button where you can fast forward time to see whether your work is going to be successful. (Thx to Ellen Best)
- Turn off – from all social media (Thx to Al the Author)
- Motivation -it sends out a small electrical charge to shock you into actually getting on with some work! (Thx to Helen)
- Finish (a big one for me!)
I also think there should be some arrows which you can press to increase and decrease the speed of certain tasks. Sigh!
Can you imagine how productive we would all be?
Am just going to sit back and daydream.
As with all my list posts I am always looking for more stuff to add. Please let me know what you think should be on the Writer Remote Control and I will add / link.
Have a fabulous day!
Guess who has been nominated for Funniest Blogger in the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards? Do you have a couple of clicks to spare?
Click on the image below and it will take through to the voting page. If you do vote me – thanks so much – you are ace!!!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/59920975@N02/24318753085″>Macro Buttons!</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>