- Both bloggers and DJs are perceived to be cool. Sigh! (*Blonde blogger looks away with a cool expression on her face*)
- Both bloggers and DJs enjoy sharing what they love with a receptive audience.
- Bloggers have to work their readership using a selection of interesting, inspirational and fun posts. DJs have to work the dance floor with a selection of hot, happening and thumping tunes.
- There is no dress code for a blogger or a DJ. Both express a personal and individual style.
- Both a blogger and a DJ have to build a support base and an online presence in order to be successful.
- Both a blogger and a DJ have to accept that they cannot make everyone happy with what they are sharing. Yes there will be people who adore their posts and records but there will also be those who dislike what they have to say or play on the decks.
- A good blog post will transport readers off to a magical place and the same applies to a DJ who uses music to transport people on the dance floor to a faraway place.
- Djs need to be able to read the crowd, predict and react to an audience’s musical needs. A blogger has to read the online community, predict and react to their audience’s reading needs. Sigh!
- DJs like to dance in their DJ box whilst mixing their beats and bloggers also like to bust some moves….whilst whipping up a quick blog post in their kitchen. Bloggers then press publish, go make a nice cup of tea and put their trotters up as opposed to doing an all night stint in a nightclub. Loud sigh!
- Successful djs have their groupies, just like successful bloggers have their faithful followers and commenters! (thx Ritu)
- Wrong beat clears the floor…wrong words liked no more.. (thx Eric)
- Just like DJs take song requests so do bloggers with blog post requests….just give me a title!
Keep rocking bloggers!
Have a fabulous day all 😎
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/55184980@N08/20564934942″>Turntables</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>