You have just had an amazing new idea for a book. Like the writer, in the photo above, you have just felt the earth move for you, as the fantastic idea starts to take shape in your mind.
This is such a delicious and wonderful moment for any writer. You are consumed by this glorious warm fuzzy feeling and you may even feel a little unsteady, depending on how much literary potential you think the idea has. Back goes the head as you shriek with creative joy!
For noting some of us experience moments like these in public places – sigh!
Here are 10 questions you may ask yourself next:
- Is it worth dropping everything else that I am working on?
- How much research is this baby going to require?
- How quickly can I get on Amazon and check no one else has written something similar?
- When can I grab five minutes to myself to jot down some high level thoughts?
- What will be the opening line?
- Where is the nearest loo as all this new idea excitement has set my bladder off?
- What genre am I going to be taking over?
- Where can I grab a coffee so I can do some caffeine hot housing on this little gem?
- What am I doing tonight and can I get out of it so that I can get started?
- Can I write out a premise? or what’s the logline? (Thx to Alvarado Frazier)
- When am I going to sleep? (Thx to Hugh’s Views)
- What have I gotten myself into? (Thx to Niina Paasikallio)
- Why is that person over there staring at me like I am some weirdo? Ok so I am muttering to myself but I am a writer!
As with all my posts, please let me know of any questions you ask yourself when faced with an amazing new book idea. I will add you in and link.
Enjoy this moment today if you are on the receiving end of a life changing book idea!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/57626931@N06/8334460119″>Feliz 2013.</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>(license)</a>