Do you have a Writer’s Bucket List? What things do you want to accomplish or experience as a writer before you die?
I have been giving some thought to my Writer’s Bucket List. Other bloggers are busy posting exciting and interesting travel bucket lists so I thought it would be fun to do one for writing. Note: I cannot guarantee a writer’s bucket list will have the same excitement factor as a travel bucket list.
As my Writer’s Bucket List is going to take the form of a blog post it will be easy to alter, update and revamp as time goes by.
Ok here we go, brace yourselves:
So between now and when I head off for Life’s Departure Lounge I would like to:
- Receive a number of rejection letters. All the great authors get these. To say ‘I have been rejected by X amount of agents or publishers’ is so bang on trend!
- Work with a professional editor to transform my work.
- Publish or self publish a number of books. (For noting – not just one).
- See my book in a printed form.
- Experience my own book signing event.
- To meet a real life reader fan and have a selfie taken! How cool!!
- To talk at a writer’s conference or writer event (sigh!)
- To go on a writing retreat.
- To go away to a quiet, isolated cottage on my own (plus Wi-Fi) and just write for the weekend.
- To spot my book on the shelf at the library.
- To receive a five star review on my book (just one – I am not greedy)
- To win a writing competition or be a runner up (I am not picky)
- To write a book series.
- To plan and implement a marketing plan for my book.
- To have an author page on Amazon.
- To design a front cover for my book.
- To never give up on my book dream.
Let me know what is going to be on your Writer’s Bucket List?
Have a great day!