Are you a Plot Twist Thrill Seeker?
Do you crave the rush of excitement and adrenalin from a good plot twist?
Do you regard yourself as a wild and crazy reader?
Check out the signs below and see whether you are a Plot Twist Thrill Seeker:
- You are a literary thrill seeker. Books give you your kicks! When you are not craving plot twists you are doing other crazy literary stuff like having two books on the go or buying books that are not from your preferred reading genre. Sigh!
- You trawl through book reviews searching for phrases like ‘WOW what a plot twist!’ and ‘OMG I never saw that twist coming!’ Once spotted you hunt down, purchase and read!
- Whilst reading a book you can be heard muttering things like ‘come on and twist me baby!’ and ‘I haven’t experienced a good twist in weeks!’ Sigh!
- Reading enjoyment for you comes from trying to work out what the plot twist will be.
- Sometimes your literary pleasure is dampened as you spend all your time searching for what you believe to be foreshadowing and characters behaving oddly.
- You have respect for the few authors who have caught you off guard.
- You struggle to control your literary frustration if the plot twist was a.) not there b.) not executed cleverly c.) just weak! One of your pet hates in life is poorly constructed plot twists.
- You crave that glorious moment where the plot becomes apparent and as C.A Higgins says on the blog Tor.com ‘you see the events through two different lenses – the lens of what you’ve assumed is happening, and the lens of what you know is happening – and all the subtle clues and contrasts between the two become visible’. This to you is magic!
- Your book reviews focus heavily on how you felt post the plot twist.
- You need a regular plot twist fix. If you don’t get your regular dose of literary thrill seeking you can get a bit moody.
Have a fabulous day!