Blogging can be hard, frustrating and at times something which makes you think ‘why do I bother?’
A positive mindset is vital. It is something which will get you through the Negative Nancy days; when your blog stats flatline, your ideas for posts run dry and you see nothing but typos in things that have already been published. Sigh!
Repeating affirmations to yourself is a great way of staying positive. They will also make you a happier blogger.
- I love what I have created. Love your blog.
- My blogging glass is refillable. This means that you have control over your blog and that even when times are tough and the glass seems empty you can do things to it to make it seem full again like updating old posts, changing its theme, writing better posts and expanding your blogging network.
- My ability to blog will not be defined by my blogging stats on one particular day. This is about telling yourself that you are a good blogger and just because your stats flatline on a wet Tuesday at around 11.36am – it does not mean you cannot blog!
- My blog is growing, expanding and thriving. Keep believing it even if the stats tool says something else.
- I attract interesting and unique ideas for blog posts. This does work, just keep repeating. As soon as you start telling yourself that you can never think up an idea for a blog post all your creativity will vanish.
- I am grateful to all the people who read and follow my blog. Be grateful. Those blog readers and followers could be doing other things with their life instead of reading your blog.
- There are plenty of opportunities for everyone. Keep that mind open and positive.
- I am grateful to those bloggers who have prettier, better looking and more successful blogs than mine. They encourage me to work harder and challenge myself. Don’t get caught up in blog envy. Be grateful to the owner of the other blog you are jealous of / obsessed with. This is easier said than done so just try your best with this one.
Have a great day!