Writer friends are special.
Here are some similarities between stars and writer friends:
- At night writer friends from around the world come out and twinkle like stars.
- Sometimes when you are lost or upset you can look up to the night sky and get comfort from the stars. The same goes for writer friends. When you are struggling to find your way with writing or a little bit emotional (about your stinky first draft or a persistent grammar issue) you only have to look up into the Twitter night sky to see your writer friends twinkling (or tweeting) and you instantly feel better again.
- Sometimes the stars are hidden behind clouds but you know they are there. The same applies to writer friends, you might not be able to see them but you know they are always there…on email, Twitter, Facebook or WhatsApp.
- Writer friends enjoying literary success are like shooting stars that light up and whoosh across the night sky. Technically speaking a shooting star is not a star, its a meteor but lets stick with the shooting star fantasy here.
- Stars make you smile and writer friends make you smile.
- Stars in the sky are constantly going through pressure and chemical changes. Writer friends experience different types of pressure and chemical changes when their books about to be launched or they are going through a painful editing stage.
- When writer friends quit writing they can go out with a dramatic bang (huge creative strop) bit like a supernova. For noting if I quit writing I am going out in a dramatic way.
- Stars are beautiful and so too are writer friends!
Have a great day and I hope you all keep twinkling!
If anyone is feeling emotional after reading my post and needs to be distracted they can click on the image below and vote me in the Annual Blogging Awards..sigh!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/75639794@N05/15854725520″>Night Sky</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>