Have you ever dragged your weary writer self out of bed at an ungodly hour to write?
Whilst the birds are still sleeping you are sat at your writer desk yawning your head off.
It will be at this point that you start to question all those who rave about the delights of early morning writing.
Here are some things a writer might say during their early creative session:
- “Do I need to be this committed to my passion?”
- “Did J.K. Rowling do this? If she didn’t then I am going back to bed!”
- “Hey this is cool because my international writer friends are still awake!”
- “Even my characters are still asleep inside my head!”
- “How long before this coffee kicks in?”
- “Are literary agents awake at this time? If they are awake will they be on Twitter?”
- “I am writing some weird stuff at this strange hour!”
- “Am I still asleep and is this part of a bad dream?”
- “Is this what normal writers do?”
- “I think I am going to warm up the fingers with some fast pinning action on Pinterest”
- “I am feeling a little agitated about being up and I think I might take it out on my characters!”
- “I hope someone gets up and makes me breakfast!”
Well done to all those writers who did get up early to write this morning!
Have a great day!
Photo Credit: Unsplash