Blog posts can be quick and easy to write.
Due to technology you can whip up a post almost anywhere.
Here are some of my best places to write a blog post:
For the killer / viral potential blog post:
- In the bath. I have some written some real gems whilst having a soak. All my popular posts were written in the bath! In my experience the more bubbles and rubber ducks the better!
- In the kitchen whilst cooking tea. The meal hasn’t turned out great but my viewing figures have definitely made up for the culinary disaster. I like to cook and tap out a post at the same time.
For the emotional blog post:
- In a bookshop. I am always close to tears in a bookshop. Any posts that I write, after standing staring at the shelf where my future book will eventually go, will be jam packed with emotion.
- On the sofa post a tear jerker of a romantic film. I wipe away my tears and tell my loved one to pass me my phone quick. In a matter of minutes I have typed out something which will tug on my reader’s heart strings.
For the wild and whacky post:
- In bed. Shortly after waking or in the early hours of the morning. These posts always make me see things differently!
For the intellectual post:
- In a museum or art gallery. I must say I haven’t done many of these. I know this will surprise some of you 🙂
For the sociable and chatty post:
- In a coffee shop. Make sure you have a strong coffee to hand.
- On the beach. It’s surprising what you can come up with whilst lying on a beach towel, looking around and being grateful for stopping yourself from wearing that string bikini!
For the deep and reflective post:
- On a hill. Sat on top of a hill looking out across the world can bring on all sorts of meaningful posts.
For the fun and crazy post:
- In a bar post a delicious cocktail. My goodness this will bring on some interesting thoughts which you will be desperate to share with your readers! Please note: one cocktail and your blog post will be bright and breezy. Writing a post after several cocktails is a totally different experience (and one to avoid if possible…)
Other places to consider writing a blog post:
- In a car park.
- In the vets waiting room.
- At a station waiting for a train.
- At an airport.
- On a plane.
- Whilst walking to work.
- In a supermarket whilst pushing the trolley. I find that I get a lot of my blog post ideas in the frozen food section.
Have fun writing those blog posts!
Please let me know your favourite place to write a blog post?
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/32561659@N08/4061809114″>301 Things to do before work</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>