“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron
Ever read a great book and wondered how to give the author some love?
Maybe the book has put a smile on your face? Maybe it brought back happy memories of your own? Maybe it has helped changed your life or maybe it has been such an entertaining read you just want to lie down in a darkened room with a cool flannel over your forehead?
Once our books have been born and are out in the world, us authors, get a bit needy and protective of our offspring. We want to hear that they have made a difference in the world.
It is nice to give love back to others.
Here are 23 ways you can show an author some love:
- Tweet your appreciation.
- Post your appreciation on Facebook.
- Take a photo of the cover and stick on Instagram.
- Write the author a letter.
- Email the author.
- Write a blog post about the author.
- Leave a message of thanks on the Author’s Facebook page.
- Send the author a #tweethug.
- Film yourself saying thanks to the author and stick video clip on social media. (I have been wanting to do this for ages. I do hope my future readers do this about my books. Love video clips!)
- Recommend the book to your friends.
- Suggest that your local book club reads the book.
- Post a link to the book on one of your ‘Read & Recommend’ Facebook Groups.
- Pin the book on Pinterest.
- Post it on Tumblr.
- Leave a message for the author via their website.
- Sign up to your author’s newsletter.
- Write a book review and stick on blog.
- Write a review on Goodreads.
- Promote via your social media tribe.
- Promote via your blogging tribe.
- Leave a review on Amazon or Kobo.
- Encourage your writer friends to read it. We all love good books.
- Shout about it!
Writing a book is tough. Trust me – it takes blood, sweat and many tears!
If you have read a book that has moved you or taken you on a wonderful journey, please show the author some love.
For fans of this blog, my debut novel is out now. Please click on the this link to have a closer look: