“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron
Ever read a great book and wondered how to say thanks to the author for producing such a wonderful story?
Here are 23 ways:
- Tweet your appreciation.
- Post your appreciation on Facebook.
- Take a photo of the cover and stick on Instagram.
- Write the author a letter.
- Email the author.
- Write a blog post about the author.
- Leave a message of thanks on the Author’s Facebook page.
- Send the author a #tweethug.
- Film yourself saying thanks to the author and stick video clip on social media. (I have been wanting to do this for ages. I do hope my future readers do this about my books. Love video clips!)
- Recommend the book to your friends.
- Suggest that your local book club reads the book.
- Post a link to the book on one of your ‘Read & Recommend’ Facebook Groups.
- Pin the book on Pinterest.
- Post it on Tumblr.
- Leave a message for the author via their website.
- Sign up to your author’s newsletter.
- Write a book review and stick on blog.
- Write a review on Goodreads.
- Promote via your social media tribe.
- Promote via your blogging tribe.
- Leave a review on Amazon or Kobo.
- Encourage your writer friends to read it. We all love good books.
- Shout about it!
Writing a book is tough. Trust me – it takes blood, sweat and many tears!
If you have read a book that has moved you or taken you on a wonderful journey, please say thanks to the author.
One little message of thanks can make an author’s day. I know this because I am a Wattpad author and the messages of thanks put a smile on my face and give me a warm fuzzy glow. Life is all about those warm fuzzy glows!
Have a wonderful day!
Psst..this week my new fictional comedy podcast ‘The Diary of Roxy Collins’ will be launching. Stand by folks. I might have to throw a virtual launch party.