Here at BlondeWriteMore we are celebrating people who are a little bit weird.
I am definitely in the ‘little bit weird’ camp. For years I worried about it and tried to be normal. After finding myself through blogging and writing I am now embracing my weirdness!
Here are some reasons why it’s good to be a little bit weird:
- A quote from Donna Lynn Hope ‘We are a sea of ordinary people; it is always the quirk, flaw or the ingenuity that stands out.’
- Friendships with other people who are also a little weird are the best! Friendships which involve you pretending to be normal can be a little dull.
- ‘Being weird adds spice to life. Having weird friends just deepens the flavour!’ Jayelle Cochran
- Love this quote from Eileen Anglin – ‘I think what people call ‘weird’ comes part and parcel with people who are brillant in some way. So embrace your weird. Embrace your eccentricity.
- Our weird ways make us interesting.
- Being a little weird means you might have some secret abilities; you can silence a group discussion with your odd viewpoint or you might be able to put people off their food with your unusual culinary tastes.
- It is such a wonderful moment when you meet someone who is a little weird like you. Love this quote from Fiona Wood ‘we look at each other with shy relief. Its the look two odd socks give each when they recognise each other in the wild.’
- As this great article from Forbes says ‘To fit inside the cookie cutter, you have to lob off a part of yourself. It hurts less to just be authentic.’
- ‘Weird is the new cool and normal the new boring; Stay weird’ Evy Michaels.
- Weird relatives always get remembered so if you want to be talked about by future generations – stay weird!
- Writers who are a little weird write the best books!
- ‘Be yourself because an original is always worth more than a copy’ Suzy Kassem
- Being a little bit weird ‘keeps me from getting bored with myself’ Kristy Pellegrin
- People who are a little bit weird make the best dancers! Fact!
- ‘The most interesting people are the unusual. No one writes about or discusses the average, the ordinary, or the common; they write about and discuss the weird, the mad and the different, so if you are one, even though the opinions of others are of no importance, you are, in their eyes, significant enough to notice and remember!’ Donna Lynn Hope.
- ‘To be CREATIVE, you have to be CRAZY, not because you’re CRAZY or want others to become CRAZY, but because you must be CRAZY, before others become CRAZY for you!’ Michael Bassey Johnson
- People who are a little weird make the best obsessed fans. They are so loyal and never give up…sigh! If you are trying to grow a following make sure you have a few fans who are a little weird!
I am going to now raise my coffee cup and toast all my blog readers / followers who, like me, are a little bit weird and are ok with that! Cheers..
Have a fantastic day!