I have been blogging for about three years and one of the reasons why I am still doing it is because for me, every blogging day is different. I never know which posts are going to do well and which ones are going to tank. I can’t predict who will read my posts because different blog readers pop up all the time and the comments I get on my posts are always varied.
There are also some strange things about blogging which I still don’t understand.
- The blog post you spend the least amount of time on will always perform the best. Why does this happen? You can spend hours crafting an amazing post and then more hours marvelling it. As you press publish you find yourself getting emotional as it looks like a work of blogging art. To your dismay it generates a pathetic response from readers and leaves you spending the rest of the day contemplating quitting blogging. The next day you whip up a quick post on the train, post it as you get off and by the time you reach the ticket barriers your readers are going crazy. I still don’t understand why this happens.
- Blog posts about weird subjects always do well. One of my best posts is ‘What You Should Consider When Dating Mythological Creatures.’ Why do weird subjects do better? Maybe I am wrong and there are genuinely a lot of people interested in the pros and cons of dating a centaur?
- You can make one tiny change to an old blog post (simply swapping the image or adding a new word to the title) and it will suddenly come alive with views. This one boggles my mind. One teeny weeny change and your post wakes up.
- Your blog stats always seem to mirror your life. Whenever life is going well your blog stats will do well and whenever life is giving you a rough ride you can guarantee your blog stats will nose dive too.
- I can never find the ‘follow’ button on other blogs which are so good they make me bounce up and down in my chair with excitement. Blog hysteria gets the better of me and I start playing a frustrating game of ‘find the blog follow button’ and for the life of me I can’t see it.
- It is the law of blogging which says there will always be one link which never works.
- You can check your blog a hundred times for typos and there will always be one which will evade capture. You will notice it once your post has gone live.
- A single positive comment from a blog reader can turn around the darkest of days.
If you have anymore peculiar things about blogging which you feel I could add to my list, leave me a comment below. I will update my post and link to you as a way of thanks.
Take care out there bloggers!
Have a great day.