This time next week you will be attending my book launch blog party right here on BlondeWriteMore.
Please mark the date – Sunday 30 June in your hectic online calendars.
This time next week my book – Instructions For Falling In Love Again will be ready to be devoured by hungry bookworms and I will be lying down in a darkened room with a cool flannel on my forehead and soothing whale music playing in the background.
You will all get to meet my character Pippa and her three children; Daisy, Libby and Billy. They have all spent the last three years battling their way through grief and heartache.
Dan, Pippa’s amazing husband and fabulous father to their three kids, sadly lost his battle to cancer and left a moon crater sized hole in their lives.
When he died Pippa swore to herself no one could ever replace Dan, but three years on she’s finally admitted she’s lonely.
To her surprise she finds Dan left her a little red notebook, filled with a set of instructions on how to fall in love again.
He wanted to help rewrite her fairy-tale.
Sounds lovely doesn’t it?
Okay, here’s where things get tricky for Pippa.
In his notebook, Dan suggested she fall in love with his playboy friend, Mikey from football, who loves wild parties, living the life of a hell raiser and being a ladies man. Mikey is devilishly handsome and is the main source of all local female Facebook gossip
What the hell was Dan thinking?
Read my book to find out more. #sigh
So, this week I will be sorting out a LOT of new book admin but I will also be doing the following:
- Eating a LOT of Twix bars to combat the feelings of excitement and terror. I am just going to let my obsession with this chocolate bar run wild over next few days.
- Creating my Spotify playlist for my book. I have seen other authors do this and I want to join in with the music fun.
- Buying a pair of LUCKY knickers for next Sunday. I am a big fan of wearing lucky knickers for big life events.
- Hugging the dog a lot, even if he’s not in a hugging mood.
- Treating myself to a Hot Mineral Body Boost massage at a posh hotel. Not content with one girlie holiday this month, I am going away tonight with some more friends. I can’t wait for the massage as it is a game-changer according to the brochure. After three years of hard slog with my novel I think I deserve a body boost.
- Reflecting on my journey so far. I think it’s good to do this at key stages. At the start of my self-publishing adventure I did write down a list of what I thought I would find tough. Am going to fish this out and compare with reality.
- I am going to practice my celebratory cartwheels in the garden for launch day. Trying to get my legs straight and not crashing into flower pots will be my objectives.
- Trying to connect telepathically with all my advanced readers who are all busy reading my book for the first time. Just hoping they like it.
- Start my pre book launch video diary. I really fancy doing this over the next few days. Might stick videos on my Instagram story and blog next week.
- Be proud of myself. This has been my life dream for years.
Hope you all have a great week!
My book is coming ❤️