Hi, I am Lucy and I am the author of the blog BlondeWriteMore.
Here are 10 things about me:
- By day I work in an office and by night I am a writer and a blogger.
- I am an English wife to a rugby mad Welshman, so international rugby season is always an interesting marital time.
- I am a mother to two teenage daughters and a pet owner (3 cats and 1 dog).
- When I was a student at university I wrote my mother a letter every week and in some letters I even included stick people drawings. Rather than scare my mother witless on what I was getting up to, whilst being a student, I decided to write about the funny side to university life. My mother says these letters made her cry with laughter and always brightened up her breakfast. I have since read these letters and can’t believe I covered topics like student first dates, culinary disasters, student bodily issues and conversations from the local pie shop. She says she always knew I would be a comedy writer.
- One wet and grey Saturday afternoon in 2014 my loved one, kids and pets were all doing my head in, so I crept upstairs and started BlondeWriteMore.
- In 2015 and 2016 my blog was voted, ‘Funniest Blog’ by the online community for the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards, held in London.
- In 2016 I became a Featured Romance author on Wattpad after being approached by one of the Wattpad team. My chicklit comedy, The Diary of Roxy Collins, has now received over 250k reads.
- In 2016 I decided to spend some quality time, sat inside my daughter’s wardrobe, recording my own seralised fictional podcast, ‘The Diary of Roxy Collins.’ This is where I read out Roxy’s romantic diary entries. You can hear my dulcet tones on iTunes, Stitcher and Soundcloud.
- I am busy writing my debut novel, which is going to be a romcom.
- I enjoy cake and my current favourite at the moment is salted caramel cake.
I hope you enjoy my little blonde corner of the world wide web.
My top posts are:
- How To Dress Like a Writer.
- Things that should be considered when writing a first kiss.
- How Would an Online Dating Site For Writers Work.
This is my dog Apollo listening to one of my first chapters 🙂