Hi, I am Lucy and I am the author of the blog BlondeWriteMore.
I mainly blog about my creative life and the writing process. I also review books.
Here are 10 things about me:
- By day I work in an office and by night I am a writer and a blogger.
- I am an English wife to a rugby mad Welshman, so international rugby season is always an interesting marital time.
- I am a mother to two teenage daughters and a pet owner (3 cats and 1 dog).
- When I was a student at university I wrote my mother a letter every week and in some letters I even included stick people drawings. Rather than scare my mother witless on what I was getting up to, whilst being a student, I decided to write about the funny side to university life. My mother says these letters made her cry with laughter and always brightened up her breakfast. I have since read these letters and can’t believe I covered topics like student first dates, culinary disasters, student bodily issues and conversations from the local pie shop. She says she always knew I would be a comedy writer.
- One wet and grey Saturday afternoon in 2014 my loved one, kids and pets were all doing my head in, so I crept upstairs and started BlondeWriteMore.
- In 2015 and 2016 my blog was voted, ‘Funniest Blog’ by the online community for the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards, held in London.
- In 2016 I became a Featured Romance author on Wattpad after being approached by one of the Wattpad team. My chicklit comedy, The Diary of Roxy Collins, has now received over 250k reads.
- I get emotional whilst reading and writing.
- I have obtained a place on the 2019 RNA New Writers Scheme.
- I am self publishing my romcom Instructions For Falling In Love Again in June 2019.
I hope you enjoy my little blonde corner of the world wide web.
Here are some writer posts which you might find interesting.
Living The Writer’s Life:
Surviving The Writer’s Life:
- How to Survive the Guilt From Not Writing.
- Signs You Want To Be A Writer But Are Too Lazy To Write
- Why It Is So Difficult to Start a Writing Journey When No One Around You Writes.
- How To Survive Admitting You Are Writing In The Wrong Genre.
- How To Stop Comparing Your Unfinished Draft to a Best Selling Novel.
- How To Come To Terms With Your Book Is Not Going To Write Itself!
- Things I Discovered on the 8th Draft.
- The Unspoken Communication Between a Writer & Their Draft Novel.
- Why I Hate The 10k Stage of Drafting A Novel & Why I Would Rather Hide From It.
The Romance Writer: