Ever daydreamed about how your hometown will react to you becoming an international best selling author?
Ok, let’s imagine you have hit the literary big time. Your book is an international best seller, film rumours are rife and social media has gone into meltdown over your literary masterpiece.
How does your hometown react to your newfound stardom?
Here are some possible reactions.
- Your favourite local restaurant keeps a table free at all times in case you decide to drop by and order some food.
- You are inundated with selfie requests in the high street, whilst doing a bit of shopping.
- Your local hair or beauty salon have a signed framed photo of you on the wall and name a beauty treatment or hairstyle after you! Sigh!
- Cool local people who’ve happily ignored you for years start hosting parties and ask you to be the guest of honour.
- Your favourite local coffee shop creates a special ‘express lane’ just for you, so your coffee can be served quickly.
- You never have to worry about not receiving Xmas or birthday cards again.
- You are asked to give talks at your local bookshop about how you became a famous novelist, how blogging helped improve your writing and how your Twitter addiction drove you to insanity.
- You are inundated with local freebies and asked to endorse your favourites. It is not long before your local butcher has a poster of you in the window, chomping on one of his pork pies, with the words ‘[enter your name, international best selling author thinks they are yum!”
- You are asked to switch on the town’s Christmas lights *squeal!* How exciting!
- Your pet is given special treatment in the town’s pet grooming salon. Sigh!
I am so excited about becoming an international best selling author – turning on the Christmas lights whilst modelling my own eyebrow treatment – sigh!
Have a fabulous Thursday!