- They truly believe that you are one day going to be the next J.K. Rowling.
- They listen intently to your stories.
- No matter how dire your work sounds they always give you praise.
- They encourage you to read and love books.
- They tell you not to give up on your dreams.
- They listen to you sob and wail at the end of the phone when someone has told you something about your writing that you didn’t want to hear.
- They ask how your writing is coming along even when you would rather talk about the weather / avoid the subject of your work at all costs.
- They never think your stories are naff. They always find something positive about them even when you are groaning with your head in your hands.
- They will buy your book, even if no one else will.
- They always laugh at your jokes if you write comedy stuff. Even when no one else does.
Happy Mother’s Day to all out there.
I am dedicating my post to my Mum, Susan, who is my biggest fan and will buy my book, even if no else does. Sigh! That’s one guaranteed future sale. At least I will be able to say ‘someone bought it!’ – lol!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/27572989@N02/24630916774″>Roses 12-16-15 127mm Rcostco</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a