Exciting times on my blog. Every Saturday going forward I am offering authors the chance to be interviewed by me (sigh!) and appear on my blog.
The interview will be published on my blog as well as being tweeted, pinned and posted on social media.
I am also going to create a page on my blog and provide links to all the interviews that I do over time.
This blog series will hopefully be of interest to others, share some best practices and my ultimate goal is that a snippet of advice / insight shared in one of the interviews makes a difference to someone out there.
Here are the reasons why I am doing this:
- I am an aspiring author and I want to learn from others.
- I struggle with motivation and procrastination so I am interested to see how other writers handle these issues.
- I am always looking to widen my reading list.
- I suffer from doom and gloom writing days and I am curious to know how other writers work through these.
- I want to know what motivates authors to write their book. Is it a childhood dream? Is it an idea that has not gone away? Is it the prospect of future fame and glory? Sigh!
- I am really interested in what typical writing days look like for other authors.
- I have done a couple of posts on looking like a writer and what writers wear so I am looking to gain some author fashion insight from it.
- I am hoping doing a feature like this will help others.
- I am hoping this feature inspires me. I am currently languishing in the Writer’s Block part of town. Words are not my friends at the moment.
- I am hoping this blog gives some authors and their work some more exposure. It all helps!
- Saturday mornings are great for coffee and blog post reading.
- I am hoping it will grow my network of writers.
- I have always wanted to interview people.
- I saw the photo of the red chair and old wall on Photopin and knew I had to come up with a regular feature with it included.
- I want my blog to help others as so many people have helped me.
Next Saturday – I am hoping to go live with my first author interview. Eeeek! Fingers crossed some poor soul agrees to sit in my virtual red chair before then – sigh!
If any of you authors want to be interviewed please get in touch.
Have a fantastic day!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/79577679@N00/5448848999″>the chair in the attic</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>