My recent post titled 35 Things You Don’t See When You Buy a Book proved popular, so I thought I would see if I could come up with a similar list for blog posts.
A lot of time, effort and creative suffering can go into the production of a blog post, which sadly the blog reader doesn’t get to see.
So, here are the things you don’t see when you read a blog post.
- The blogger shrieking with joy after getting an amazing idea for a new blog post.
- The blogger quickly scribbling down a few thoughts on a page.
- The blogger starting the search for the blog post image and telling those around them that it will only take five minutes to sort.
- Life grinding to a halt whilst the blogger spends a serious amount of time searching for the perfect image…which only exists inside their head.
- Time spent deliberating over which image to use. Selecting images for blog posts is very similar to choosing an outfit so the blogger will have to make a difficult choice and they might even change their mind a couple of times.
- Time spent thinking up a catchy blog post title. This will involve a lot of pen chewing and staring into space.
- Time spent on CoSchedule’s Headline Analyser tool keying in their chosen blog post title and to their horror realising that their chosen audience will not be captivated by their preferred post title.
- More time spent coming up with more post titles, keying them at speed into the Headline Analyser, whilst wiping a layer of sweat from brow.
- Time spent on Canva editing their blog image, applying text and making some painful decisions with fonts, borders and colours.
- The large coffee or tea consumed by the blogger which fuels the writing of the blog post.
- The lengthy Facebook distraction during the creation of the blog post.
- Time spent picturing followers viewing the blog post and gripping the table as they experience what can only be described as a blog reader high!
- Time spent daydreaming about their post going viral and causing their blog stats to go into meltdown.
- Time spent visualising a celeb reading and then re-tweeting their blog post.
- Time spent by the blogger painstakingly inserting interesting and thought-provoking links into their blog post and wondering whether they will a) work when the post goes live or b) whether anyone will bother clicking on them.
- Time spent checking for typos within the blog post and several social media distractions during typo check.
- The final review of the blog post by the blogger.
- A cheeky smile from the blogger as they get carried away with adding hashtags.
- The sigh from the blogger as they marvel at their beautiful looking blog post.
- Time spent scheduling the post.
- The sharp intake of breath from the blogger as the post goes live.
- The piercing scream from the blogger as they spot a typo once the blog post has gone live.
- Frantic hands on keyboard trying to sort out typo on post.
- A tweeting and pinning social media frenzy of their blog post.
- The second piercing scream from the blogger as their first blog reader comment goes something like this “good post…do you know that your links aren’t working?”
Have a great day bloggers!