You can try to ignore it all you want. Feed yourself silly excuses. Deny you want to write a book. Bury the story deep inside of you.
Here are 10 signs you are ready to write your book:
- You are unable to sit still. If you are suffering from, what we in the trade call, literary fidget bottom, there is a book inside of you, waiting to be written.
- You are struggling to concentrate.
- You are being woken up by characters at night. Stop rolling over and asking your unconscious sleepy loved one whether you need to see a therapist about the voices in your head. Your book is ready to come out.
- You are saying some strange stuff in day to day conversations.
- You keep looking at the calendar a lot to see whether there will be a free 12 week stretch, where you can sit down and write your book.
- You are spotted scribbling notes in a pretty notebook which has sat on the shelf, gathering dust for months. I can’t stress enough how close you are to giving birth to your book.
- Your mind is frantically stitching plot threads together whilst you are cooking, cleaning the loo or scrubbing the bath.
- You look a bit pale.
- People are commenting on your intense stares.
- You don’t feel like reading anything and have decided to have a little break from your Goodreads challenge.
Don’t ignore these signs, writer.
Your book is getting ready to come out of you whether you like it or not!
It’s time to write!
Stay calm out there writers.