1. Accept that writing a blog post is more important to your blogger than:
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Cleaning kitchen cupboards.
- Tidying the lounge
Not accepting this will lead to marital discord.
2. Accept that your blogger’s self esteem will become linked to their blog’s views, visitors, likes and comments.
3. Never ever comment or question the design of your blogger’s blog. This can be a minefield and you need to tread carefully.
Treat commenting on their blog design in the same way as you would do with commenting on their hairstyle or outfit.
4. Start to listen out for that magic ping of a blogging notification (a ‘like’ or a ‘comment’), bloggers usually cheer up after a ‘ping’ or two. So its best to ask them to do something for you like put a wash on, iron your shirts and tidy up after the kids…’post a ping’.
5. Accept that there will be times when your blogger is deep in ‘creative thought’ and disturbing them could result in them producing a poor blog post. During these creative times its best for you to keep a low profile and concentrate on keeping on top of the housework.
6. When going on a ‘date night’ with your blogger make sure they have access to Wi-Fi. They need to stay in contact with their blog at all times. If you view their blog like its their small child or pet you will not go wrong.
7. Accept that your blogger will bore you silly with their blogging achievements. Pillow talk may need to include an in-depth analysis of their worst performing posts. Caution – don’t give your opinions on what you perceive to be their worst performing blog post, this sort of behaviour will lead to marital discord. They are the expert on blogging now.
8. Accept that your blogger will have unrealistic blogging expectations. In their head they are weeks away from becoming a super pro blogger. Their stats will paint a very different picture.
9. Guest bloggers are like celebrities to your blogger. Your blogger will shriek loudly and jump into the air when a guest blogger agrees to write them a post. This can happen anywhere; at home, supermarket, car park or the local shop. As soon as this happens you also need to jump into the air in celebration and perhaps then say that you feel a little bit light headed after hearing their earth shattering news.
1o. On a regular basis try to think about how hard it is for your blogger to maintain a successful blog. They are going through their own form of personal hell what with keeping on top of blog administration, making sure links are working, writing posts and checking their stats tool on an hourly basis. Go easy on them!
Happy Blogging all you bloggers 🙂