The writer has been cleverly building the romantic tension between their main characters. Both characters have been playing what I like to call ‘flirty games’ for a chapter or so (lots of giggling, eye contact, lip biting and playing with hair) and now it is time for them to kiss. The writer takes a deep breath and dives straight into writing the first kiss.
Once finished the writer sits back and casts their eye over what they have written. Below is a list of different writer reactions to the kissing scene:
- *Dreamy facial expression followed by a gaze out of the window*
- “Yuk that sounds gross!” – the writer looks away in disgust.
- “Calm down – it’s not like he’s the last man on Earth!” *rolls eyes at female character.*
- “Would it be that intense and passionate on a first kiss?” *chews end of pencil and deliberates.*
- *Mischievous wink at a passing loved one.*
- “Where did you learn to kiss like that?” *raises eyebrows at male character.*
- “I am going to have to spend all day rewriting this particular scene..”
- “Hang on let me just think about head angles here…”
- “Yep…that did it for me!” *reaches for electric fan*
- “You are wasted on her!” *Seductive look at male character*
- “I think he will need to pop a mint before kissing her….that packet of Scampi Fries he devoured earlier won’t smell great!”
- “I think I need to get out more!”
- “Don’t kiss him and then eyeball the cute minor character…for goodness what sort of person are you?” *rolls eyes at female character.*
If any of my readers have any other writer reactions that they would like to share – leave me a comment 🙂
Have a fabulous day!
Photo Credit:photo credit: Tom Simpson <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/11279883@N00/14757194104″>Kiss</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>