Blog envy can hit at anytime. Whilst browsing through your blog reader you will come across a blog which catches your eye and makes you gasp. You will click-through into this blog and be greeted with the blogging equivalent of a work of art.
There in front of your eyes will be a beautiful looking blog with riveting posts, cool videos, eye watering photos and half of blogging world will be following them. You will take a big gulp of air and grip the table!
Blog Envy can lead to:
- Blog stalking. You won’t be able to keep away from this new blog. Every household and daily task will end with you logging on and gazing longingly at this blog.
- Screen stroking. You will sit and stare at it for so long you won’t realise you are gently stroking the screen and a trickle of dribble is making its way down one side of your mouth.
- Blog Comparison. You will read post after post and they will all seem amazing. In your head you will undertake a comparison between your old blog and this new sparkly blog. This blogger won’t publish ‘dud’ posts, there will be no grammar, spelling or typos. All their links will work and they don’t seem afraid or shy about using social media. They won’t be using a tired old theme like you, no….they will have opted for a cool modern theme and there are an array of quality images.
- A low mood!
Here is how to deal with blog envy:
- Learn from this new blog. Take some notes about what attracts you with this new blog. There is always room for improvement with your old blog.
- You cannot compare blogging journeys. You don’t know the amount of time and effort that has gone into this new blog.
- Turn your envy into positive energy and create new opportunities for your own blog. Write some new blogging goals and seek out interesting guest posts.
- Whenever you find yourself heading over to the new blog make a conscious effort to stop and write a blog post. Distract your mind with doing something creative.
Have a fabulous day bloggers!