If loved ones choose the wrong time to disturb their blogger they could face a…
- Sarcastic comment
- Huge huffing and puffing fit
- Blog post written about them. For noting the loved ones of writers also run the risk of being baked into the writer’s novel, if they disturb and annoy them at a critical time. However novels take months to write and the writer will probably forget and delete at editing. With a blogger they simply press publish and smile sweetly.
Here are some situations when it is NOT advisable for a loved one to disturb a blogger:
- The blogger’s blog daily or weekly stats have fallen off a cliff. The loved one should not disturb their blogger. They should also ignore everything the blogger has said before about how they are different to other bloggers; in that they are NOT emotionally attached to their blog and they NEVER get obsessed with their blog stats. All bloggers struggle to detach themselves emotionally from their blog. This is an explosive situation and needs to be handled carefully. Those stats are basically saying to the blogger that the world doesn’t love them anymore. The loved one needs to back away slowly and avoid disturbing for several hours.
- The blogger has been struggling to come up with an idea for their next blog post. The loved one should not disturb their blogger. They should also ignore everything the blogger has said previously about how they welcome new post ideas from family members. Whatever the loved one says in this tense situation will be met with a grimace or even worse a shrill outburst “I am quite capable of thinking up ideas for my own blog thank you very much!” The loved one needs to back away slowly and avoid disturbing for several hours.
- The blogger’s latest post has tanked. The loved one should not disturb. They should ignore everything the blogger said when they published the post in question. Yes the blogger may have said “I don’t think it will do very well” but THEY DIDN’T MEAN IT!! It was a defence mechanism to say that the post wouldn’t do well. In their head the post was going to change the face of blogging. What this blogger does not need in this explosive situation is a wise loved one saying “you said it wouldn’t do very well!” The loved one cannot disturb the blogger. They need to avoid disturbing and run away before all hell breaks loose and return in a couple of hours….as sometimes the performance of posts can change once those across the Pond wake up! Sigh!
- The blogger is unhappy with their blog theme / look and feel of their blog. The loved one should not disturb and they should ignore everything the blogger has said in the past about how pretty their blog looks. Things have changed now and their current blog theme is basically dead to them. The loved one should tread carefully as disturbing their blogger during a re-think of colour palettes or blog header images can be dangerous. Also the loved one should AVOID at all costs making a suggestion on the look and feel of their blogger’s blog. This is like commenting on a new hairstyle. The loved one should not disturb and creep away.
So, when can you disturb a blogger?
- The blogger’s stats are spiking. The loved one should disturb their blogger by rushing over to congratulate them and savour this glorious moment.
- The blogger has had a re-blog. The loved one should disturb their blogger and tell them how clever they are!
- The blogger has found a nice pretty image to use for a post. The loved one should disturb their blogger as a beautiful blog image (which will make Pinterest followers squeal) can make some of us let out a soft moan of creative pleasure, mutter “oh isn’t that pretty!” and put us in a good mood for the rest of the day.
Have a great day all!